https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/just-another-blog-13576865

Tuesday, 17 November 2015

The Idea of Change


Hola señoritas!

I have a few things to note before I get onto properly writing this blog. One is I must sincerely apologise for not completing my mini happies. I had no time on the Friday to write a blog, and during that weekend I became ill so literally slept all the time. I hope to in the near future maybe do it again though, as I really enjoyed doing it. Second, I apologise for not blogging in so long. I have no excuse apart from that I feel I lost my 'mojo' for blogging. But I am determined to get back in to it now, seeing as it is almost Christmas, and have quite a few blogs I want to write during the festive period. Now, on to the actual blog!


During the last couple months, I have been thinking about a lot of things. And the topic of this blog is something I have been thinking about the most. The idea of change. Change happens every day, I know that, but it is subtle, and we do not always realise it. But I am really scared of change, especially with all the change in my life that will take place within the next 6-12 months.

As I am in 6th year at school, I am currently going through the process of applying for university. This is both an exciting and terrifying time for me, due to the nerves of whether I will be accepted or not. More importantly though, the change it will bring.

For the last 6 years, I have had pretty much the same schedule, and have enjoyed it. Going to school, seeing and hanging about with the same people, doing the same activities week in week out. But, school is almost over, and everything is going to be different. I won't see most of the people from school ever again, which is something that really upsets me. Everyone is going to move away to go to university or college, and I will lose touch with so many amazing people.

I am most scared about the change that will occur between my main friendship group. We spend so much time together just now, going to parties, chilling with each other and just enjoying being in each others company. But we all want to go on to do different things, at different places. The thought of not being able to see them every day is going to be so hard, and it makes me realise that I need to spend as much time with them as I can, and iv'e realised that I can't take them for granted.

I really like the quote 'the only thing constant in life is change' because this is so true. And although I am scared of change, I know I am going to have to embrace it sooner rather than later. This new change to my life will give me new opportunities and experiences, and it may even be for the better.

I am so happy I got that off my chest haha. I hope you enjoyed reading it and i'll see you all soon with another blog!

Much love x

Follow me on twitter @swilkie_x
or on insta @shxnice_w

No comments:

Post a Comment