A few weeks ago, I made the big decision to donate my hair to charity. That may sound weird but what I mean is I am donating my ponytail to The Little Princess Trust.
The Little Princess Trust is a charity that specialises in making wigs free of charge for children suffering hair loss due to Cancer or alopecia. This is a very special charity which offers children with no hair the chance to have a specially made wig, free of charge. These wigs can cost up to £1000 to buy and £350 to make, and this charity enables children to get these wigs for free.
So that is why I have decided to donate my hair. Also, I have dealt with going through the ordeal of losing my hair myself. When I was three, I was diagnosed with cancer and lost all my hair during chemotherapy. Being so young, having no hair did not seem to bother me, but children who are slightly older tend to not be able to deal with it as well.
As you can see in the picture above, my hair is quite long. It goes to around about my waist. I am deciding to donate my hair on the 28th February. I am quite nervous as I have spent sooo long trying to grow my hair but I know that what I am doing is for a good cause. I am donating around 30-35 centimetres(14 inches!), so after I get it cut my hair will go to my shoulders.
As well as donating my hair, I am aiming to raise money for the charity too because they also rely on donations to be able to manufacture the wigs. My original aim was to raise £350 as that was the cost to make one of the wigs, but amazingly, I raised that within the first week! I can't believe how generous people have been.
So I have now decided I want to try and raise even more for the charity. £500 to be exact. I am around £100 off this target and still have plenty of time before the event to try and raise this. This may sounds cheeky, and I hate asking people to do things for me, but, if you would like to, it would be amazing for you to donate. Even as little as £1 can help.
Below I have attached the link to my Just Giving page, and it would be amazing for you donate! I am so excited for this to happen. After the event, I will post another blog about the events of the day
https://www.justgiving.com/Shanice-Wilkie
Much love x
Follow me on twitter @swilkie_x
Or on instagram @shanghai_x
No comments:
Post a Comment