February was a very busy month for me. I went to many different concerts, has some cute days out with friends, had a few days of doing absolutely nothing and then even donated my hair.
Orla Gartland
At the end of last year I received a text from my friend, Clare, asking me and my other friend Rachel if we wanted to go see Orla Gartland with her. To be honest, I was not too sure about going because, although I knew who she was, I had never bothered listening to her. Either had Rachel. Although I finally decided I would go. I spent those next couple of months listening to her new EP Lonely People, and tried to learn the words to some of the songs.
On Thursday 12th February, we went to King Tut's in Glasgow to see her. The doors opened at 8pm but we got into the presale at 7 15 so we actually got to meet her. She was so kind and down to earth, and even complimented what I was wearing! Of course, I got a photo with her long, along with Rachel too.
Before she performed, there were two supporting acts. Chelsea Cornelius and Martin Luke Brown. And they were so good! But I want to particularly mention how good Martin Luke Brown was. His voice was amazing and I even got a free EP from him. If you haven't heard him before, i reckon you listen to him on YouTube and buy his new EP when it is released/
Overall, the concert was amazing, and I really enjoyed seeing Orla singing live. If she comes and performs again, I will be sure to go and see her!
The Script
I absolutely adore The Script, and for my Christmas, my brother bought me tickets to go see them! I was so excited and finally seen them on the 20th. And oh my god it was amazing. They perform amazing live and put everything into their songs.
I had a standing ticket, and my friend Rebecca and I managed to get so close! Also, the supporting act was Tinie Tempah, and he was amazing.
My favourite song they performed had to be The Man Who Can't be Moved and Hail, Rain or Sunshine.
The whole concert was phenomenal, and I was gutted when it was finished! I really want them to come back and perform again, because I for sure will be seeing them again.
Donating My Hair
I won't write too much on this because I have written a separate blog about this event. I cut off my ponytail on the 28th February to donate it to The Little Princess Trust
Other things I done in February were,
Cute day at Nandos and Costa with friends
Long walk with the dogs
Night out with work friends
I would say that February was a fairly decent and busy month, with all the concerts and little things I did. I can't wait to see what March brings because, on the 28th, it's my birthday!
I hope you enjoyed this blog and I might do this every month.
Oh, I thought I would add in, check out Clare's youtube account, she is an amazing singer (ClareHouston)
Much love x
Don't forget to follow me on BlogLovin'
Check my twitter @swilkie_x
Or my instragram @shanghai_x
No comments:
Post a Comment